From the Desk of Michael Sladek, Vice President, Brokerage Sales, with Mutual of Omaha
In efforts to support the Washington State Cares Fund initiative, Mutual of Omaha implemented underwriting and commission changes for applications received from the state of Washington, including:
- A 100% chargeback for policies issued May 19, 2021 - November 1, 2021 and lapsing within the first policy year.
- Declining applications for clients not seen by a physician in the last 24 months.
However, due to continually increasing application volumes from the state, Mutual of Omaha must make additional modifications. Effective immediately, Mutual of Omaha is instituting the following adjustments to the MutualCare® Solutions product offerings for the state of Washington:
- Increasing minimum issue age to 40
- Increasing minimum monthly benefit to $3,000
- Increasing minimum inflation option to 3%, lifetime duration
To process applications not meeting the minimum requirements listed, paper and e-applications must be received at Mutual of Omaha on or before June 11, 2021. No exceptions will be made.
By taking steps to ensure Washington residents purchase a long-term care policy for the security and benefits it provides rather than a means for exemption from the payroll tax, Mutual of Omaha is upholding their responsibility as a leading LTCi provider.
How You Can Help
- Help clients understand the value of a long-term care policy designed to offer peace of mind for themselves and their family by explaining key product benefits.
- Speed up processing time by emailing completed applications directly to epsupport@LTCG.com, or faxing copies to (888) 539-4672.
Thank you for your continued business, partnership and commitment to Mutual of Omaha.
For more information about the WA Cares Fund, view the consumer website at: http://www.wacaresfund.wa.gov/private-insurance/